Monday, September 27, 2010

More Perecca's: A Guest Contributor's Take on Brunch

Good friend, writer, blogger, real world "Mad Man" and food lover, Frank Visco generously shares his recent trip to More Perecca's in Schenectady.. yum.. I see a trip there in my future...Read on for his own review:


Ed & I went to More Perreca's for a noontime breakfast this past Sunday before heading to Proctors for the 2 pm showing of the restored "Metropolis" with live organ accompaniment.
Service at More Perreca's was friendly and fast, the place was buzzing, and the staff was keeping up, cleaning the tables and booths as fast as people left them. They keep pitchers of ice water with generous sized glasses on all the tables.

I had French Toast with a sausage patty and a do-it-myself blend of decaf and Costa Rican coffee, chosen from about 5 varieties. I had seconds of the coffee.

Three thick slices of soft-crusted bread, perfectly battered and toasted, served with those little cups of butter and terrible, light, flavorless syrup, although I admit I'm used to grade b genuine maple.

Sausage was not presented with toast, had to ask for it. It was a flavorful, sweet sausage patty. I don't know if it came from the great little Italian meat market around the corner, Garafalo's, but that shop is worth a visit if you ever want to cook some genuine Italian sausage at home.

Ed had eggs and toast and he scarfed it all down -- you should get his reaction to that.

Last week I had lunch there, and ordered the bracciole special. Fabulous! Prices are very reasonable.

More Perecca's is now serving breakfast and lunch 7 days a week in their newly renovated cafe just next door to their landmark bakery. They are located at 31 N. Jay Street (corner of Warren & N. Jay) in Schenectady, NY, 12305.  Phone:518-377-9800.

Hours: Mon - Tues:7:00 am - 3:00 pm Wed - Sun:7:00 am - 8:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment