Monday, September 6, 2010

New Season, New Look

Hello foodie fans and faithful blog readers.. if this past weekend's cool temps are any indication, fall is here - no matter what the calendar may say.
With this new season I thought it was time to debut a new look - for fall.

So I hope you enjoy the new design, the new content (like polls and other blogs I follow), and there will be new posts coming soon - I promise!

In the meantime I'll leave you with what I ate last night at a "Comfort Food" themed Labor Day Celebration:

  • Garlic mashed potatoes, skins on, thank you very much, is there any other way to eat them?? Luckily Frank says: "No!"
  • Chicken Salad with walnuts and apples and tarragon - Frank says it was inspired by the salad at Allen's on 33rd and 2nd - a place I actually passed every day on the M15 bus on my way to Stuyvesant H.S. (btw: read Frank's blog,  Ad Mission, some great stories).
  • Feta & Artichoke Dip - a well worth it heart attack on a cracker - this is addictive and decadent.. thanks Tina!
  • Bruschetta - (also thanks to Tina) with so much garlic I couldn't help but smile every time I took a bite
  • Homemade Challah Bread French Toast Napoleons - Chip strikes again - these heavenly slices were grilled and topped with maple syrup, pecans and homemade ice cream or fresh fruit sorbet (take your pick)
  • Me? I made an orzo salad with cannellini bean, tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella tossed in a homemade vinaigrette of lemon, red wine vinegarr, olive oil and dried herbs. (see the super-easy recipe in my post below) I also made brownies, but after the Napoleons, it just seemed like overkill!
  • There was also plenty-o-wine to go around, including a lovely Sauvignon Blanc that Renee brought.. yum.
  • Special shout out to resident photographer (and No - it isn't as easy as it looks..) Jeff.. who took some great photos of some challenging subjects..thanks Jeff! Check out Jeff's beautiful Photography site here.
Ok - this is my cue to get off my butt and exercise.. till next time, eat well and tell me all about it..

No comments:

Post a Comment