With this new season I thought it was time to debut a new look - for fall.
So I hope you enjoy the new design, the new content (like polls and other blogs I follow), and there will be new posts coming soon - I promise!
In the meantime I'll leave you with what I ate last night at a "Comfort Food" themed Labor Day Celebration:
- Garlic mashed potatoes, skins on, thank you very much, is there any other way to eat them?? Luckily Frank says: "No!"
- Chicken Salad with walnuts and apples and tarragon - Frank says it was inspired by the salad at Allen's on 33rd and 2nd - a place I actually passed every day on the M15 bus on my way to Stuyvesant H.S. (btw: read Frank's blog, Ad Mission, some great stories).
- Feta & Artichoke Dip - a well worth it heart attack on a cracker - this is addictive and decadent.. thanks Tina!
- Bruschetta - (also thanks to Tina) with so much garlic I couldn't help but smile every time I took a bite
- Homemade Challah Bread French Toast Napoleons - Chip strikes again - these heavenly slices were grilled and topped with maple syrup, pecans and homemade ice cream or fresh fruit sorbet (take your pick)
- Me? I made an orzo salad with cannellini bean, tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella tossed in a homemade vinaigrette of lemon, red wine vinegarr, olive oil and dried herbs. (see the super-easy recipe in my post below) I also made brownies, but after the Napoleons, it just seemed like overkill!
- There was also plenty-o-wine to go around, including a lovely Sauvignon Blanc that Renee brought.. yum.
- Special shout out to resident photographer (and No - it isn't as easy as it looks..) Jeff.. who took some great photos of some challenging subjects..thanks Jeff! Check out Jeff's beautiful Photography site here.